Heavenly Mandarin Orange Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin orange segments, in juice
- ½ (3.4 oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (12 oz) tub Cool Whip topping
- ¾ cup shaved almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 15x10x2-inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs; beat until mixture is well-blended.
- Add mandarin oranges with juice; beat 2 minutes longer.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove and cool completely, about one hour.
- When cake is cool, prepare frosting: In a small bowl, mix pudding with enough water until well-blended and smooth. In a large mixing bowl, gently fold pudding mixture into the Cool Whip.
- Frost cake. Sprinkle with shaved almonds, as shown.