Spiced Pumpkin Cake Roll
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, plus extra for dusting
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with waxed paper or parchment paper. Grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add ½ cup sugar and pumpkin, beating on high until sugar is almost dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk/pumpkin mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gently fold into egg yolk/pumpkin mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Unroll cake; spread cream cheese filling evenly to within ½ inch of edges. Roll up again.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. If desired, dust with confectioners sugar before serving.NOTES
Similar posts you might like
Craving pumpkin? From classic favorites to creative new recipes, you'll fin...
Ring the bells. Let the leaves begin to fall. Autumn is officially here. Wh...
It could be the pinch of brandy that makes this creamy pumpkin cheesecake s...
Topped with Cool Whip, maple syrup, and chopped walnuts, this scrumptious c...