Chunky Rigatoni Chili
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1½ cups cabbage heart, chunked
- 6 cups water
- 1 (16 oz) box rigatoni, uncooked
- 2 (32 oz) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 slices bacon
- Hot sauce, to taste
- ⅔ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Boil sausage with cabbage in water until sausage is cooked thoroughly, about 1 hour; drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare rigatoni per box directions; drain.
- Heat spaghetti sauce, beans, and onion in a saucepan, allowing to simmer over low heat.
- Pan fry bacon until slightly cooked; remove from heat, cut into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- When sausage is done, cut into small chunks.
- Add chunked sausage, cabbage, rigatoni, and bacon pieces to the sauce. Add hot sauce, with discretion, to taste.
- Top with shredded Cheddar, chopped green onion, and a dollop of sour cream.
Similar posts you might like
A super easy-to-make crock-pot casserole that is so-o-o-o good, it's sure t...
Moist and delicious, it's the Miracle Whip that gives this chicken its zip ...
This tasty chicken dish whips up in less than 20 minutes and gets rave revi...
This sausage and sauerkraut dish is a holiday tradition my mom always serve...